Heater Realty

ACCORDING TO INMAN, “IT’S ESTIMATED THAT ONLY 10% OF PEOPLE CAN VISUALIZE THE TRUE POTENTIAL OF A HOME WHEN VIEWING IT. THE OTHER 90% CAN’T LOOK PAST DIRT, CLUTTER, AND IMPERFECTIONS”

5 Tricks for Staging Your Home on a Budget

1. Boost Curb Appeal

  • Power wash siding and walkways
  • Hang easy-to-read house numbers
  • Plant flowers and lay fresh mulch
  • Kill weeds (Weed-B-Gone works wonders!)
  • Keep lawn mowed
  •  Put out a clean/neutral doormat
  • Use simple furniture to create an inviting porch

2. De-personalize

  • Clear out the clutter! Remove all accessories from counters, clear out clothes, shoes, and coats from closets that are out of season, and remove pictures from walls (Don't forget to patch holes and repaint)
  • Host a garage sale to get rid of old stuff; donate any leftover/unsold items to goodwill
  • Put extra furniture, kids’ toys, etc. into a POD or storage unit (around $100/month)

3. neutralize

  • Repaint using neutral colors (my personal favorite is "Agreeable Grey")
  • Change out pillow covers (Money saving tip... stores like Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn will let you buy the pillow cover ONLY)
  • Gender neutral bedrooms (Buy inexpensive duvet covers to cover your existing comforter)

 

4. Modernize

  • Paint old cabinets
  • Replace hardware/pulls
  • Replace beige outlets and covers with white

5. Sanitize

  • Clean, clean, and clean some more! 

Go the extra milE: 

Leave a nice note to prospective buyers about what you love about your home or neighborhood, bottled waters, cookies, etc.